Fairy Girl Lucinda shes ready for a home. .
Photobucket Esmerelda
Photobucket Almost ready just needs some text
Photobucket These boys are always hanging around waiting to get into some trouble.SOLD
Photobucket My heart is my home
Photobucket Clary Bell I love her look.
Photobucket She still needs her text.

Owl's Feet

Posted by Jeannette On Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Click me to see me larger
Can you believe this is my first post since Thanksgiving? I have been really,really busy trying to get more item's together to go in my Etsy Store so I can finally open it up.

I am currently working on owl's which I love to do but the feet take forever.Please forgive the rawness of the photo's I really wanted to get a post done and I haven't really fixed them.

See the feet and then the next step which is attaching the feet and then the partially finished body of the Owl.Making the pattern is probably the hardest part because you have to get all the parts to work together.I have been working hard on trying to come up with a quicker way to do those feet.
Always when I'm doing one thing I come up with another idea in my head for something else I want to make.So I have to stop and either write it down or do a quick sketch with clear instructions to myself.This is causing me a bit of a slow down.Do you ever feel as if there are thousands of idea's running through your mind and you feel like you have to hurry and get what you are currently working on finished so you can get onto the next? All of my Owls are made from 90% vintage fabrics/20% new fabrics and machine and hand stitched with vintage buttons to bring them to life.


Click me to see me larger
In the basket you can see some little creatures I finished last week.The pattern is in there with them.I like to keep all my creatures and owls together.The color on the wall is the color of my studio.I have come to the conclusion this week that I need a table just for sewing stuff although I tend to sew less then I paint.

I am running out of room and I am one of those Artists that needs everything right there within arms reach.Since I also use my laptop to watch video's and listen to my music it takes up desk space.Oh well I dream of the day I can have another 16x30 space like at the old house.I have been promised by hubby to have a new laptop by Christmas.I also do alot of digital collage/mixed media and am missing it.This laptop came from my Mom after mine was stolen from my car.It doesn't do Adobe Photoshop the hard drive just isn't big enough.


Remember the collage I was working on from my last post? Well here she is all finished and with text as well.I added some wings and butterflies and a little bird to her hair.













Here is a close up of the text I added.All she needs now is a little varnish to seal her and she will be complete.I have had a really great last week making art.What did you make today?

1 Comment

  1. I bet your owls will be so cute when they are done (judging from the cute feet, lol! I wish I could do dolls like this, but I can't sew very well, and tend to be impatient :-)
    I can relate to the many ideas in your head though, lol!
    Love the colors you used in your pretty girl!
    have a wonderful day
    betty

    Posted on 14 December 2011 at 12:56

     

Post a Comment

It's always wonderful to know you have visited.