Fairy Girl Lucinda shes ready for a home. .
Photobucket Esmerelda
Photobucket Almost ready just needs some text
Photobucket These boys are always hanging around waiting to get into some trouble.SOLD
Photobucket My heart is my home
Photobucket Clary Bell I love her look.
Photobucket She still needs her text.

Birds Of A Feather

Posted by Jeannette On Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Well you know what that say birds of a feather will flock together.Now if I can just get them up on there birdy feet we will be getting some where.Lately I have been wanting to make some birds so I sketched a couple of them out and set about making a pattern.


The one to the left will be a peacock these are just the proto types mind you.I haven't quite got them right but I wanted to share what I have been working on.The pattern making is hard and takes time.I'm not that great really but once I figure it out I'm good to go.


The one to the right will be a blue bird of some sort I think.I was thinking I might use some of the cut work lace I found.I would really like to find some old embroidered tablecloths but the one thrift store near me never has any.Once we move from Lamar I told my husband I want to live nearby some really great thrift shops and antique stores and hey an artists colony would be fantastic as well.The peacock was a request (sorta) from an Etsy Buyer who asked if I made birds or animals.I told her I would be making a peacock and a little bird soon and she loves peacocks.

My Uncle had peacocks when I was small he had lots of different animals actually.My Aunt would always give me some of their feathers that had fallen.He died two years ago after a long battle with Cancer.I'm making these in honor of him.


Next up is a Wood Pecker for my momma cause that is fer favorite bird.The bag you see to the right is my new paper gift bags I may use to send some of my creations in.I like the tag but my daughter did it and well I had to add it on their.

I'm thinking on the outside I will apply a nice label/sticker and on the gift tag their name.On the inside will be a post card with all my relevant information.My husband is always getting boxes and brown paper because he buys products to resale.So far I have saved all the brown paper and burned all the boxes.These two gift bags came from 1 box and recycled paper.


Now I feel better that I'm helping to save a tree and the planet.That's all for today ladies hope you enjoyed reading my blog post.Come by and stay awhile and visit me often.

0 comments

Post a Comment

It's always wonderful to know you have visited.