Fairy Girl Lucinda shes ready for a home. .
Photobucket Esmerelda
Photobucket Almost ready just needs some text
Photobucket These boys are always hanging around waiting to get into some trouble.SOLD
Photobucket My heart is my home
Photobucket Clary Bell I love her look.
Photobucket She still needs her text.

One Potato Two Potato

Posted by Jeannette On Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Photo courtesy of Pioneer Woman Cooks
Just so you know this post has nothing to do with potato's rather singing the potato song with my 7 year old.I think it makes a fairly good title and since I'm really bad with them I thought "what the heck"..

I'm also not blogging about Art today because well I don't have any finished pieces at the moment.Anyway who doesn't love a good post about delicious food.Yummy for the tummy make you feel good inside wonderous Chicken & Dumplings with a twist.


Click on the link to be taken to her recipe and really this lady is just amazing.Not only can she cook but she is just so darn funny as well.So reading her blog will put a smile on your face and something yummy in your tum.The twist comes from me because as much as I loved the recipe lets face it I absolutely hate celery.I love almost all veg but I hate celery,peas and beans.I just don't eat them in anything even if I cant taste them.I also like something that takes only about 30 to 45 minutes from start to finish.

So here we go with my my version.I omit the celery and the apple cider.I instead cook it all up in an iron skillet you could also go with a Dutch Oven.Lightly coat your chicken with flower and sprinkle with garlic,tumeric and thyme fry it up in as much butter and olive oil as you need to brown the chicken and not let it stick.Next add in your carrots and onions and or whatever veg you like.Brown it all up and when you think your chicken is no longer pink ta da you are almost there.Don't forget to add 4 cups of broth. 

Make your dumpling dough.You can go with the Pioneer Woman's your own or mine.I use 2 cups of Gold Medal Flour,2 tbl baking powder,2 tablespoons of butter then melted,1/3 cup of water and just enough milk to make it sticky.Drop by the spoonful into your skillet/dutch oven and then stick it in the oven.You know it's done when your biscuits are golden brown.

There you have it a one pot dinner that is just so satisfying and really doesn't take as long as you think.If you want this to be a  chicken and dumplings then all you have to do is cook it in a dutch oven and add more liquid until you have turned it into a true soup.I don't use canned broth I used chicken broth cubes and water.

If you try it come back and let me know how you like.Later lovely ladies.

0 comments

Post a Comment

It's always wonderful to know you have visited.