Fairy Girl Lucinda shes ready for a home. .
Photobucket Esmerelda
Photobucket Almost ready just needs some text
Photobucket These boys are always hanging around waiting to get into some trouble.SOLD
Photobucket My heart is my home
Photobucket Clary Bell I love her look.
Photobucket She still needs her text.

Away awhile

Posted by Jeannette On Saturday, March 03, 2012

I have been away for so long but I do have good reasons.Last week was a show with some amazing fellow lady artists.It was fantastic to be there but alas I forgot my camera.I have been promised some pictures if I am in any of them so we will see.My mom bless her heart met up with me and we drove the rest of the way to Oklahoma in her car.

On the way home we stopped at some really great thrift stores and just had a blast.I found some fabulous cut work lace just click the pic to see larger.I also found hold your breath a dress form.It is made from a really dense and hard styrofoam.The tape you see on there I stuck to it.It's not my dream dress form that would be a wood one with vintage fabric but I am so very proud.I was wanting to do some thrifting and had a list of things to look out for.I managed to find everything on it except the embroidered table cloth for some birds I want to make.Well I did find it but another shopper grabbed it up before I could.


If I could afford my dream dress form then it would like very much like the one to the left.Since the price tags are very high I'm proud to get the one I found for $10.00...There are some currently on ebay that range from$45.00 to $700.00 so if you want one hurry on over to ebay.In the picture above you cant see the stand (she didn't come with one) so my dad gave me one from an old metal stand fan.

It has wheels on the base so I can roll it around but needless to say I won't be taking that stand with me on a trip.Next up is to get her all prettied up and name her as she will be my studio muse.I also plan to make some Artists Pants/Bloomers/Pantaloons similar to these.Knee length for the spring and summer and then ankle length for the winter.I also have a ton of idea's for Victorian/Edwardian tops to match.


I've been making them for ages for myself,hubby and the children for ages.They are the most comfortable pants I have ever worn especially to create in.Stay tuned for some more blog posts and what I have doing which is working like a mad lady to add more item's to my etsy shop.

1 Comment

  1. I love stopping at thrift stores and it looks like you had a successful trip! Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you have a great week Jeannette!

    Posted on 4 March 2012 at 10:26

     

Post a Comment

It's always wonderful to know you have visited.